We're getting a lot of potatoes (sweet and white) and winter squash these days from our CSA. Today, I baked up two of the winter squash .. one was a Kabocha Squash. I'm not sure what the other was ... it was shaped like a Delicata, but not striped .. it was oblong in shape, white along about 80% of its length, and then orange on the other 20% (sort of like one end was dipped in orange color or something!!)
Anyway, when I baked the squash (halved them, removed the pulp and seeds, applied a light coating of olive oil and baked them cut side UP till tender), I also baked the sweet and white potoatoes.
Once the sweet potaotes were baked, and cooled, I put them into the food processor and added about an equal amount of black beans, whizzing them together till smooth but still having some intact beans left.
The white pototoes I mashed with roasted garlic, olive oil, and a little soy milk.
Then I put those fillings inside the baked shell of the squashes and rebaked them.
In the photo above, you see one of each of the two squash shells in back, and the filled ones in front.
squashwinterwinter squashrebaked pototoesrebakedpotatopotaotoessweetwhitesweet pototoeswhite potatoesKabochaKabocha squashveganvegetarianlunchsuppersidedishside dishGFgluten freeCSA
From All Food Photos